An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every student has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a critical function in a fast-growing mission-orientated start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Ventures, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
Forage is looking to hire an experienced Head of Student Marketing & Growth to lead our college student growth efforts. With +1 million students already in the Forage ecosystem, you will be responsible for building powerful user acquisition funnels so that we can impact tens of millions of job-seeking college students. The Head of Student Marketing & Growth is a senior leadership position at Forage.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge of building a rich student ecosystem through a tapestry of hard-to-replicate channels. Our focus is on sustainable and organic channels designed to help us win in the long run and deliver value to our users. You should be attracted to the challenge of building acquisition strategies which thoughtfully piece together fantastic product experiences, community, partnerships, and brand awareness in a way that embeds us in student career journeys all around the world.
In the first year, this is primarily a contributing role (vs. team building), but you will have one direct report and an intern to support your efforts. You’ll own the success of this function and work with the senior leaders (founders, product, enterprise marketing and sales) at Forage to help make the student to employer ecosystem amazing and world-class.
Ideally, you’ll have marketing superpowers in one or more of these areas: organic growth, funnel optimization, channel testing, partnership marketing, and community building. The expectation is that you can come in and revive our student marketing & growth function, create at least one working acquisition funnel within the first few months, and build a long-term strategy for success encompassing multiple channels. However, we are not looking for experts or specialists in paid acquisition on Socials or search. We’re looking to build long term defensible growth funnels!
If you are excited at the idea of impacting millions of students around the world by distributing them free opportunity-creating courses, then we would love to chat with you.
- Create a compelling acquisition vision and roadmap: Draw on deep data analysis, user research, and your experience to test, implement and scale growth flows that lead to tens of millions of students enrolling into our free skill-building courses.
- Build partnerships with world-class companies: We work with leading companies around the world to deliver their skill-building courses to students at scale. You will figure out how to leverage our corporate partners existing distribution capabilities to get our courses out to the world.
- Work with product and engineering teams to deliver value: In this role, you’ll work across all of our teams to deliver long term sustained wins in the growth team.
- Develop and execute on a clear content strategy: Execute on a strategy which drives key acquisition and engagement goals (calendar, growth, budget etc.), across organic owned channels (website, Instagram, etc).
- Manage and grow a community of users: Our students are our biggest fans - we built Forage to help them! We want to build community so we can have students interact with each other and with us to make an even better education & recruitment platform for them.
- Measure, analyze and respond to information and data related to acquisition.
- Share the passion for our mission at scale: We’ve built Forage to make the world a better place for learners - and we want to consistently share that mission and vision to the market.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Working at a fast-growing startup in consumer acquisition in the past, ideally with management experience
- Responsibility and accountability for pirate metrics (ARRR), a growth mindset, and knowledge of levers to achieve goals
- Success with consumer acquisition strategies that effectively had a $0 cost of acquisition
- Broad understanding of standard marketing tactics, such as SEO, content marketing, and referral flows, and expertise in testing and scaling new channels
Nice to Haves
- You have worked on creating a community of users who engage with each other about your product, and go out and evangelize the product to others
- Partner marketing experience, building mutually beneficial partnerships that help drive acquisition outcomes
- Student Marketing experience: Worked on acquisition for college students in the past, and understand the moving nature of acquiring a younger audience
- Familiarity and or experience with product led growth
- You should have experience in analytics, data insights, CMS, email and social management tools
- You have experience in extracting data from various systems and generating useful reports and insights
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Top-tier medical, vision, and dental plan for you and your dependents
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA)
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Forage, we are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.