Title: Senior Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineer (m/f/x)
Department: Engineering Team
Hiring Manager: CEO
Job Location: Team Vienna
FOR is a platform organization and the Team in Vienna develops cutting-edge technology that will revolutionize the legal cannabis industry. Our goal is to reinvent and automate the workflow of harvesting cannabis plants. Not only that… We are committed to reinvest profits in strengthening and reforming our democracy.
At FOR, we bring together first-rate individuals and curate the context for them to be. Using our collective strengths and instincts, we invent—not just innovate. We swarm to bring respectful solutions, pursue excellence in everything we do, and have eyes for things others just don’t see. We insist that the world must adapt to us. Doing the ‘right’ is not enough; Do the BRAVE thing.
FOR is seeking a Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer with Mechatronical expertise, to drive the development of the cannabis harvest machines of the future. Our ideal engineer is versatile, creative, adaptive, and effective.
- Driving the entire lifecycle of product development to take our existing prototypes to the next level
- Facilitating the multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers
- Working closely with the Product Owner, the Engineering team and the Service Design team
- Conceptualizing inventive solutions
- Meeting the highest standards in terms of engineering work, design control, robust design, tolerance stack analysis, design for manufacture, input into dFMEA’s
- Monitoring the development progress systematically and communicating blockers as soon as they arise
- University degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, automation technology or a comparable degree (ideally, Master’s or PhD)
- An all-rounder with extensive experience in prototyping mechatronic products
- 5 to 10 years experience in planning product development projects through the entire product lifecycle (ideally in an international business of 200+ employees )
- A good balance between creative and process-oriented
- Proficient with CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Strong interpersonal skills—the ability to work with customers, suppliers, employees, and managers
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; German is a plus
What We Offer
- An office in the center of Vienna (weXelerate building)
- The opportunity to pioneer smart machines in the booming cannabis sector
- The opportunity to join us in shaping our exciting growth phase
- Autonomy to enable you to thrive
- Flat hierarchy run by best ideas
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
Diversity & Inclusion at FOR
At FOR, we value diversity and openness. Talent is welcome no matter their ethnicity, gender, age, or sexual orientation. We foster sharing ideas and viewpoints. We believe that diversity and openness make us stronger and more complete.