Title: (Senior) Robotics influenced Embedded Software Engineer
Department: Respectful Solutions
Hiring Manager: CEO
Job Location: Vienna Office
FOR is a platform organization and the Team in Vienna develops cutting-edge technology that will revolutionize the legal cannabis industry. Our goal is to reinvent and automate the workflow of harvesting cannabis plants. Not only that… We are committed to reinvest profits in strengthening and reforming our democracy.
At FOR, we bring together first-rate individuals and curate the context for them to be. Using our collective strengths and instincts, we invent—not just innovate. We swarm to bring respectful solutions, pursue excellence in everything we do, and have eyes for things others just don’t see. We insist that the world must adapt to us. Doing the ‘right’ is not enough; Do the BRAVE thing.
FOR is looking for an experienced Embedded Robotics Embedded Engineer to help build and optimize the cannabis-harvesting machines of the future. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded engineer with experience and expertise in multiple domains and will be able to fulfill the needs of rapidly changing and agile development environments.
- Build Embedded Software and Graphical User Interfaces, to train our automated cannabis harvesting machines in their intelligence
- Design analog and digital circuits
- Evaluate the landscape of sensors to test the most suitable ones and subsequently marry them to the hardware
- Test our hardware at cooperation partners both nationally and internationally
- Participate in data collections including experiment design and analysis of collected data
- Generate documentation and build instructions for new software designs
- Troubleshoot early-stage and early-production design and functionality problems
- Work closely with the Product Owner to deliver innovative designs/code and continually improve already-completed designs
- Access to full-scale product development environment to develop and test our prototypes
- An all-rounder with demonstrated experience and success building, coding, testing embedded software for robotics-like hardware
- Experience in fast-moving startups is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Ability to work creatively and with agility: a nice balance of creative vs. process-orientation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, employees, and managers outside and within the company
- Fluent in English. German is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer or Robotic Engineering from an accredited school or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of innovation-driven development methods with a focus on agile
What We Offer
- An office in the center of Vienna (weXelerate building)
- The opportunity to pioneer smart machines in the booming cannabis sector
- The opportunity to join us in shaping our exciting growth phase
- Autonomy to enable you to thrive
- Flat hierarchy run by best ideas
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
Diversity & Inclusion at FOR
At FOR, we value diversity and openness. Talent is welcome no matter their ethnicity, gender, age, or sexual orientation. We foster sharing ideas and viewpoints. We believe that diversity and openness make us stronger and more complete.