We’re looking for a highly motivated Commercial Director to lead our pandamart Commercial function. Our ideal candidate is confident in his/her skills, has a great attitude, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to join a dynamic team centred around innovation. In foodpanda you can be the best version of yourself as we enable the freedom to be creative and passionate.
- Collaborate with regional and local cross functional teams (Commercial, Marketing, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance and Product) to define pandamart’s Commercial Strategy and OKRs and support the Head of Commercial to execute on this strategy. This will include:
- New Customer Acquisition - partner with Marketing to leverage brand communications, social media, influencers, and CRM to build awareness and consideration and incentives (e.g. vouchers) to drive trial and loyalty.
- App/Website Conversion Funnel Optimization - partner with Marketing and Product to optimize micro conversion at each stage of the funnel (e.g. AB testing different tile images/copy, UI design improvements, etc).
- Category Management - lead a team of Category Managers/Specialists to develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin.
- Vendor Negotiations - lead annual vendor negotiations to drive step change improvements in front and back margin (including vendor funded promotions and advertising).
- Identify new business verticals and partnerships that can be launched leveraging pandamart’s dark store infrastructure and drive the commercial strategy and new vertical creation process for these new opportunities.
- Employ data-driven decision making to drive the business. Provide insight to the Commercial team and work closely with Marketing and Supply Chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply.
- Work cross functionally with Product, Supply Chain, Sales Operations and Marketing to deliver strategic projects.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 10+ years Grocery experience in Merchandising, Buying and Category Management in a retail or e-commerce business or leading a commercial function in a large FMCG company. Additional experience in Operations and Supply Chain would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Strong experience developing and executing on high growth strategies.
- Superb business judgment with a track record of successful senior level negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external).
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mastery of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred.
- Fluent in English (fluency in Thai would be an advantage).