We’re looking for a highly motivated Operations Director to lead our pandamart Operations & Supply Chain function. Our ideal candidate is confident in his/her skills, has a great attitude, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to join a dynamic team centered around innovation. In foodpanda you can be the best version of yourself as we enable the freedom to be creative and passionate.
- Collaborate with regional and local cross functional teams (Commercial, Marketing, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance and Product) to define pandamart’s Operations and Supply Chain Strategy and OKRs and support the Head of Operations & Supply Chain to execute this strategy.
- Identify new business verticals and partnerships that can be launched leveraging pandamart’s dark store infrastructure and drive the Operations & Supply Chain strategy and new vertical creation process for these new opportunities.
- Support the Head of Operations & Supply Chain to:
- Build and lead the Operations and Supply Chain team: define hiring needs, allocate resources, coach team members and maintain high motivation
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the pandamart business across Thailand to ensure attainment of all relevant KPIs including:
- Demand forecasting, order and inventory placement (sales weighted availability)
- Inbound processing of inventory (on time in full)
- Outbound processing of inventory (order prep time)
- Inventory management (inventory accuracy/shrinkage)
- Inventory health (days of cover/working capital)
- Disposal or donation of expired/expiring products
- Collaborate with regional and local cross functional teams to define and execute the pandamart expansion strategy (including identification of new locations, project managing real estate agents/landlords and construction contractors, staffing, training, stock up and launch).
- Implement projects that can improve operational and financial metrics at scale g. launching a distribution centre or implementing a new demand planning system.
- Partner with the foodpanda Health & Safety to implement and maintain effective health & safety policies across pandamart.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field.
- 10+ years experience in Warehouse or Fulfillment Centre Management, Retail Distribution Operations, Supply Chain Management and Logistics (preferably in Grocery retail/e-commerce).
- Prior experience in Warehouse, Fulfillment Centre and Distribution Centre setup and compliance requirements would be a real advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with Warehouse or Fulfillment Centre Management Systems preferred.
- Mastery of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Thai National is preferred with strong fluency in English.