At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
Product Design Manager, APAC
We are looking for a Product Design Manager, APAC to join our design team and reinvent on-demand delivery with us. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in Singapore!
In your role as Product Design Manager, APAC, you will build and manage the Product Design team who support specific products that drive our Quick-Commerce Product, work with peers in product management and engineering, and communicate regularly with stakeholders. You will align processes and design language with the Product organization. In addition, you will be asked to contribute to specific project needs or new concepts on an as needed basis.
What's on the menu:
- Manage, mentor and empower a team of product designers.
- Bring narrative of user needs to interdisciplinary team - strengthen user-centricity throughout the design and development process.
- Incorporate Data Analysis and feedback through testing to validation of concepts and experience paradigm
- Implement and extend global design toolkit and pattern library through user and product requirements
- Contribute to the creation of outstanding experiences, incorporating best practices in UX and creating solid, engaging UX and UI patterns
- Optimize, introduce and improve processes within an agile development mindset
- Manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ensure high business and user impact
- Communicate user needs and design rational to peers and stakeholders
- Inspire, push creativity, challenge established thinking, and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team and across the organization
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- Help the team with concept development by providing feedback on a regular basis.
What you can bring to the table:
- At a minimum BA in UX-related field (Human-computer interaction, Human factors, Communication Design, Product Design)
- Demonstrate clear excellence in either UX or UI, and solid skills as foundation in both
- 3+ years of experience managing design teams
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for web and mobile applications and services
- Obsessed with understanding the needs of the users of your services
- Ability to lead discussions, promote design solutions and adapt design practices – convincing through narrative and rigor
- Experience working in a scrum team
- Portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Operational experience in prioritization and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical experience or experience working within tech teams
- Experience working with Sketch, inVision is a must;
- Experience building or maintaining a design system is a differential.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.