foodpanda: bringing good food into your everyday!
foodpanda is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in over 70 cities worldwide. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favourite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bike couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We are currently expanding rapidly in APAC, where we currently operate in 11 countries, and are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team.
We’re looking for a Marketing Director!
The Marketing director will lead our diverse and smart marketing team and will be responsible for all marketing and growth metrics in our food and vertical business. Marketing Director will define and spearhead company-wide growth strategies on our food and vertical businesses together with the local team, regional (Thailand, Singapore) and central team (based in Berlin). Be part of a diverse team driving growth of the number one food delivery service in APAC with visibility in Europe, MENA, and South America. Learn and grow with the best, and get the rare opportunity to build a brand that everyone loves, in one of the most exciting and fastest growing regions in the world
Our ideal candidate is:
- A foodie: As a self-proclaimed food lover, you know what foods are trending locally and globally, what restaurants people are talking about, what cuisines get people’s mouth watering. You are always on the lookout for emerging trends and how best to share that with our audience to get them hungry.
- A big thinker: You are able to turn your love for food into marketing strategies and campaigns. You are strategic in your thinking and approach, whilst always keeping in mind the best social platforms and tools to make it happen. You know how to combine your creativity with business strategy to win the market with your words.
- A team player: You work well with a big team of smart and driven people. As the link between regional and local team, you communicate well with others from around the globe with different nationalities and backgrounds.
- An analytical leader: The numbers are the only truth.They tell us the story and help us to understand the development and craft our strategy.
- Seasoned marketer: >7yrs marketing and growth responsibility in VC-backed consumer startup; or with at least 10 years experience in growing brand/business, preferably in the e-commerce and/or FMCG industry
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business or any related field.
- Inspiring leader: proven track record of managing and building growth teams
- Highly analytical & numbers driven: cohorts, attribution, CAC etc are what you think about day and night. “If you can’t measure it (or find a proxy), it didn’t happen” is your motto
- Loves looking at data to inform him/her on decisions made on where to best invest the marketing dollars to drive growth and acquisition costs. ● Alchemist: you constantly run growth experiments in a highly structured and organised way
- Biased to action + master in prioritising: you always focus on tackling the biggest challenge first (both short & long term) without getting distracted with nice-to-haves
- Passionate about brands: metrics driven with a deep understanding for branding
- Product marketing expertise in the web technology sector and the ability to contribute at strategic, operational and tactical levels
- Can communicate well - written, verbal and presentation in English
- Strong customer service orientation and experience in a client-facing capacity
- A teacher: track record of managing, mentoring and leading a team of high performers
- Track record of influencing behaviour at a variety of levels in the organisation
- Has excellent organization and people skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work well independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Creativity and innovation, ability to think out of the box and conceptualize creative campaigns that can drive positive brand awareness.
- Experience in managing P&L responsibility in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- Experience in stakeholder management and working across a matrix structure seeking collaboration