“There is no love more sincere than the love of food.” - George Bernard Shaw
*Please note, this role is based in Singapore.*
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to support our growing regional Engineering team that is based in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
- Develop new features for our Android products.
- Build custom Android UI widgets.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline.
- Write and maintain UI Tests as well as the UI-Tests framework.
- Maintain and improve our build and distribution automation tools.
- Optimize UI for performance for low-end devices.
- Monitor and understand customer behaviour.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritised based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within our apps.
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Familiar with functional and reactive programming.
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and proper state management.
- Experience with resource optimisation like Data-usage, Battery consumption … etc.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Experience with Google Play release and distribution process.
- Have built an approved Apps on Google Play.
- Knowledge of performance tools and optimisation techniques (e.g. Sys trace).
- Experience with CI/CD and Automation tools.
- Experience working with A/B testing tools.
- Experience building Android SDKs.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs.
- Experience with UI-Tests using Espresso.
- Open-source contributions.
- Contributions on knowledge exchange websites like StackOverflow.
- Experience with Bitrise.
- Experience with Firebase.
- Overall 8 years of experience with at least 6 years in Mobile development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events