The Director reports directly to the country Managing Director. Responsible for defining, planning, tracking, and managing the project(s) they are assigned. Identify key resources and provide direction required for meeting project objectives. Works independently or with senior leadership. This could include coordinating between various departments such as commercial, operations, marketing, and finance.
1. Develop and implement strategic direction based on research and analysis.
2. Work collaboratively with peers across functions to execute strategy.
3. Track and report on progress to plan.
4. Analyze risk and instigate avoidance activities.
5. Establish contingency plans and trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
6. Manages / coordinates / participates in special projects as they arise.
7. Meet the project deadlines while meeting budget and financial project targets.
8. Interim for department head during transition period.
<Desired Skills and Experience>
1. Experienced working in strategy consulting, ideally 2-4 years.
2. Experienced working in a B2C industry. eCommerce and/or Retail environment is a plus.
3. Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to devise solutions to complex problems.
4. Demonstrated project management abilities and experienced in implementation solutions, including Agile Methodology and Scrum.
5. Worked with multiple, cross-functional business area managers and stakeholders and influenced resolution of conflicting objectives.
6. Experienced in managing a team with more than 8 people, with proven ability to mentor and coach team members.
7. Excellent communication skills; Able to effectively present complex solutions to technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
8. Collaborative and effective at building consensus across the organization.