At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in APAC. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
You will be exposed to a modern technology stack and a cross-functional agile team that ships systems to production through a robust Continuous Delivery pipeline ensuring that we build security and safety through automated tests and processes to build quality from the get-go.
What's on the menu:
- Responsible for development of highly-responsive user interface
- Design and implement visualisations that can depict vast amounts of data
- Work and collaborate with the engineering squad, product manager, and product designer
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables within autonomous teams.
- Take part in squad ceremonies and actively participate in technical decision making and product improvement.
- Understanding the development lifecycle and working closely in a cross-functional and international team.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
What you can bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience.
- 2 - 4 years working experience as Frontend Software engineer.
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Fully understand the concepts of React.js and its implementation
- Good working knowledge of REST API
- Experience in applying test-driven development with Jest, Testing Library, and/or Enzyme
- Experience working with front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Yarn, NPM, ESLint, and others.
- Familiarity with Microfrontend architecture
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Has the drive to learn new things and new languages
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.