At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in APAC. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
You will be exposed to a modern technology stack and a cross-functional agile team that ships systems to production through a robust Continuous Delivery pipeline ensuring that we build security and safety through automated tests and processes to build quality from the get-go.
What's on the menu:
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within autonomous teams.
- Work in a cross-functional and international team to deliver a holistic solution.
- Actively participate in the design and architectural decisions, deploying and maintaining applications based in GoLang
- Actively participate in open reviews and sharing with peers (Code reviews, ideas etc)
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
- Proactively makes suggestions for how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the platform
- Good understanding and independent application of cloud environment, CI/CD, testing and validation
- Independently applies design patterns and best practices in reliability management (resiliency, autoscaling, monitoring, alerting)
What you can bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience.
- 2 - 4 years working experience as Backend Software engineer.
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Good understanding in building reliable and scalable web applications leveraging microservices architecture
- Passionate about software development, problem-solving and technical challenges
- Good knowledge in Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Testing Methodologies (unit, integration and functional)
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.