At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in APAC. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead engineering squads responsible for delivering highly scalable applications that can be used by our millions of users across the globe.
What’s on the menu:
- Lead and guide the career development of a fast pace team consisting of backend, frontend and mobile engineers.
- Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to create a scalable backend system and an extendable frontend application to support multiple projects
- Craft and maintain microservices/ micro frontend architectures, clean architecture, API-based and event-based communication.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, development, application debugging and diagnosis.
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Scrum.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
What you can bring to the table:
- Fluent communication and good command of english is a must
- Ability to structure, coach and mentor a fast pace team consists of engineers from various functional background (backend, web, Android, iOS)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, be able to build a high engagement team by incorporating ideas from the members
- Good product mindset, be able to balance between project features and engineering quality
- Take part in architectural decision making
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems, as well as web and mobile applications.
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism.
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional).
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things.
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborating with cross-functional and international agile teams.
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem solving abilities and an eye for details
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.