At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing hundreds of millions of orders a year. You’ll be leading a group of highly collaborative cross-functional agile squads that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better well-rounder leader.
Engineering Manager, Taiwan
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Taiwan to build highly scalable applications that can be used by our millions of users across APAC. You will work on one of our growing B2C arrays of services as we diversify and expand beyond food delivery.
What’s on the menu:
- Defining the strategic direction of your team and contributing to the technical strategy for the entire platform
- Guiding and coaching an exceptional team of engineers, mentoring them in technical and non-technical aspects, and leading them to build stable, scalable, and reliable features and services
- Helping them to shape their individual careers and growing the team to become more self-organized, more agile and more autonomous
- Establishing and growing the right Engineering Practices with your team (e.g. TDD, CI/CD, Agile Methodologies, etc.) in order to improve the engagement of your team, the speed of delivery and the quality of the features and services you own
- Jointly own product delivery along with your product peer, working closely with technical and business stakeholders, creating roadmaps, alignment, and cost management
- Scaling different processes of the organization such as engineering hiring and onboarding
What you can bring to the table:
- Fluent communication and good command of English is a must
- Ability to coach and mentor a team of engineers from various functional backgrounds (backend, web, Android, iOS)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of product and business KPIs and how to translate those into goals using the OKR framework
- Good product mindset, be able to balance between project features and engineering quality
- Able to manage squad’s priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems, complex web or mobile applications
- Passionate for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional)
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem solving abilities and an eye for details
What is it like to be a panda?
Our panda’s are tasked on a daily basis to innovate our tech front by building high scale complex applications in support of our high active user base numbered in millions and more to come. Too we provide a flexible work environment working with talented individuals who are passionate in shaping the food industry.
You will be exposed to cutting edge technologies and the ability to work autonomously as a subject matter expert within your vertical while liaising with cross functional teams in engineering, design and product management enhancing and voicing your ideas and making it come to live for commercial use.
At foodpanda, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.