At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in APAC. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better technical leader.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be leading a domain or geography, building a diverse engineering organization made up of bright individuals with a “can-do” attitude, passionate about building great products and services used daily by millions of foodpanda users worldwide.
What’s on the menu:
- Connect client apps (android, ios, web) to various external partners (payments, loyalty)
- Own the tooling to manage the hundreds of campaigns and offers that delight our customers
- Guide the evolution of our systems architecture.
- Mentor and grow the engineers and engineering managers within your tribe and squads
- Foster an excellent engineering organizational setup and process.
- Ensure scalability, stability, security and performance of the systems and services you own.
- Drive both quarterly and long-term objectives and key results with full responsibility for executing the OKRs.
- Collaborate closely with product management and other departments to build new products and features that match business requirements with pragmatic technical solutions.
What you can bring to the table:
- 8+ years of experience with a key focus on modern web applications and cloud services.
- Fluent communication and good command of english is a must
- Experience building large scale distributed systems.
- Hands-on approach towards leading by example
- You embrace modern engineering practices and have a strong track record of effective communication across engineering, product and business teams.
- You are passionate about building and leading excellent tech teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of several of the following technologies would be beneficial: AWS, golang, Typescript, async and event based processing, server side APIs, kubernetes, terraform, helm. Monitoring, logging, debugging of high volume services (metric collection, log analysis, etc.).
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.