Commercial Analyst, Commercial (Singapore)
“To be the most loved everyday food and groceries destination!” - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’).
foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 11 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
We’re looking for a highly-driven and motivated Commercial Analyst for our team in Singapore. In this role you will be working with big data, testing, analyzing and building models to provide strategic insights to the business as well as comprehensive solutions.
Your primary responsibilities will revolve around collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data related to sales, customer behavior, market trends, and product performance.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment where you will be exposed to projects covering operations, marketing campaigns, product feasibility testing, commercial and finance reporting, then this may be the place for you!
About This Role:
This role will be based in Singapore and will report to the Head of Commercial Relations & Projects.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand business challenges and opportunities. Recommend solutions across the complex range of products and processes
- Manage end-to-end data projects; identify issues, gather information from various sources, analyze data, interpret patterns and trends, build models, give recommendations, and create insightful automated reports
- Review day-to-day operation processes, identify areas of improvement and make actionable recommendations based on underlying analysis
- Utilize statistical and analytical techniques to process and interpret large datasets, drawing meaningful conclusions and identifying patterns, trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze customer and partner behavior patterns, purchasing habits, preferences to support customer segmentation to build on business conclusions
- Be a steward of good data practices - robust documentation, versioning, playbooking, processes, and knowledge sharing
- Automate and validate newly created reports and develop corrective actions to improve data integrity and quality
- Support ad-hoc data requests and analysis with insights and suggestions on next steps
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science).
- Proven experience in data analysis, preferably in commercial or business-focused role.
- Analytical mind and business acumen with ability to work with large amounts of data to discover patterns and trends and to form conclusions based on findings.
- Must be detail-oriented with a focus on data accuracy and quality
- Proficiency in data manipulation and analysis using tools such as SQL, Excel, Tableau, Python and data visualization software
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Quick learner and proven ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- High integrity and work ethic
- Team player with an ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events.
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company.
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities!
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners.