Business Development Executive (Restaurant), Sales (Singapore)
“To be the most loved everyday food and groceries destination!” - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’).
foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 11 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
We’re looking for a highly-driven and motivated Business Development Executive (B2B) for our team in Singapore. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this may be the place for you!
The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst working closely with the management team.
This role will be based in Singapore and will report to the Sales Team Lead.
As a Business Development Executive, you will work as a member of our B2B sales team and will be responsible for the execution of our sales plan which includes:
- Introduce company’s products or services to potential customers and negotiate sales over the phone or in person
- Address customers’ questions and concerns accurately
- Maintain consistency in quality of calls and service standards
- Commit to departmental and individual sales targets assigned
- Work closely with the Vendor onboarding team to ensure smooth onboarding and activation of accounts signed
- Gather market insights on deals to target in the space
- Proactively identify potential clients and build collaborative relationships with them
- Serve as primary point of contact for holistic account relationship
- Spontaneous to collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams as part of a persistent commitment to provide top-notch support to potential clients
- Manage and expand relationships with top restaurant key partners and identify growth opportunities to collaborate for further business developments
- Ideally 2-3 years of relevant working experience within a similar capacity of B2B sales
- Candidate must be comfortable canvassing and cold-calling to source for leads and sales opportunity.
- Demonstrated evidence in closing deals and managing accounts, preferably for clients within F&B
- Personable and easy-going to speak with people of all levels
- Self motivated with the ability to work remotely and under pressure
- Strong negotiator with an outgoing and motivated outlook
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Experience in Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrated evidence in closing deals and managing accounts, preferably for clients within F&B industries
- Experience in selling IT software solutions will be added advantage
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events.
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company.
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities!
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners.