Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in Singapore, bringing thousands of your best loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast! We’re all about bringing on the smartest folks as we continue to grow with an “all hands on deck” environment and hire those who can thrive in a startup culture.
We’re looking for a highly-driven and motivated Director of Q-commerce for our team in Singapore. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have a direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst working closely with the management team.
About the job:
This role will be based in Singapore and will report to the Managing Director. The Retail Director drives the realisation of the business strategies by developing business opportunities, fostering relationships with stakeholders and establishing operations and service excellence standards. He/She is also responsible for driving the organisation's innovation and productivity aspirations. The Retail Director operates in a rapidly transforming business environment and functions through his/her understanding of consumers preferences, operational activities and industry landscape to enhance sales performance, operations and service level. He/She is a resourceful, forward-thinking leader who is able to multi-task effectively. He/She is able to aspire a large retail workforce.
- Full responsibility over the P&L, strategy, planning and business growth
- Define the medium and long-term strategy to achieve growth and profitability targets
- Lead and manage a team of a highly talented people from different departments - including operations, supply chain, category management and growth
- Develop relations and close partnerships with the largest CPGs and brands in the market
- Monitor, evaluate and drive operational improvements at our warehouse and distribution centre
- Oversee NPS metrics to ensure best-in-class customer experience and satisfaction
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Work effectively cross-functionally to improve workflow
- Identify and communicate product needs to the tech and engineering stakeholders
- Be a mentor to the team and helping them to exceed their targets and support their career development
- Prior proven experience in Retail, eCommerce, FMCG, tech is preferred
- Strong experience in building and managing teams
- Highly analytical, data-driven and keen eye for process improvement
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple work streams in parallel
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence other teams in the organisation
- Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects in a self-structured and well-prioritised way
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment in cross functional and cross-cultural teams
- Adaptability to change and comfortable with ambiguity
What we offer:
- Challenging and fulfilling steep learning curve
- Vibrant, dynamic & international workplace
- Periodic fun & engaging company events & team activities
- Tasty Thursdays
- Birthday Leave
- Work Anniversar(ies) Leave
- Opportunity to be a value-adding contributor to this fast-growing global company