Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in Singapore, bringing thousands of your best-loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast! We’re all about bringing on the smartest folks as we continue to grow with an “all hands on deck” environment and hire those who can thrive in a startup culture.
We are looking for a highly-driven and motivated Merchant Operations Manager for our team in Singapore. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have a direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst working closely with the management team.
About the job:
This role will be based in Singapore and will report to the Operations Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and optimizing processes while running the day to day operations of the restaurant business in Singapore.
- Identify and solve problems by analyzing and deriving insights from large and complex sets of data
- Work alongside the commercial and the logistics teams to reduce fail rates, restaurant delays, and preparation times
- Build and continuously improve our mechanisms to bring down fraudulent transactions and wastages
- Analyze and track KPIs to improve vendors’ performance and compliance, while taking customer experience to the next level!
- Product implementation and improvement - Propose and roll out new product features to improve operational efficiency and vendor experience
- Optimize operations through process development and innovation
- Set performance targets for account managers to achieve performance goals with key accounts.
- Enhance vendor operational reports to encourage data-driven performance improvement
- Manage a team of 2 analysts
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field of studies
- Minimum 3-4 years of working experience in operations, consulting, or a high growth start-up
- Understanding of professional kitchen operations and culinary
- Process-oriented and data-driven, SQL skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents
- Good knowledge of the internet/e-commerce sector
- Outgoing and convincing personality to build customer relationships
- Structured and target-oriented approach when working on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and ability to work independently
- Proactive and could lead independent projects
What we offer:
- Challenging and fulfilling steep learning curve
- Vibrant, dynamic & international workplace
- Periodic fun & engaging company events & team activities
- Tasty Thursdays
- Birthday Leave
- Work Anniversar(ies) Leave
- Opportunity to be a value-adding contributor to this fast-growing global company