Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in Singapore, bringing thousands of your best-loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast! We’re all about bringing on the smartest folks as we continue to grow with an “all hands on deck” environment and hire those who can thrive in a start-up culture.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced Head of Category Management to lead the commercial and category teams within foodpanda’s new quick-commerce vertical.
Core responsibilities include 1) setting business strategy 2) sourcing and negotiating key supplier partnerships 3) improving business terms and developing the marketing and promotion strategy 4) owner of P&L.
The candidate should have experience analyzing new business opportunities and building strong partner relationships. He/she must also possess the ability to drive significant top and bottom-line results and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities and team members within a fast-paced environment. He/she is interested in creating a world-class customer experience while keeping tabs on current industry and competitive trends.
- Act as the P&L owner and overall Head of Commercial across different categories and initiatives: Groceries, Fresh Produce, Meat & Seafood, Non-Food, Imports, Private Label, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact foodpanda’s business
- Conduct and initiate periodic business reviews with key local and regional management teams
- Develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin
- Drive new initiatives/experiments/trials to anchor foodpanda’s leading position in quick-commerce
- Source and build strong supplier base, negotiate terms improvement, secure supplier advertising spend, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods.
- Identify and close key range and assortment gaps to ensure high quality and good value goods available to our customers year-round through local and international sourcing.
- Provide insight to the commercial team and work closely with marketing and supply chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply
- Partner with the supply chain team to manage inventory levels and shrinkage.
- Work cross-functionally with Regional, Central, Product-tech, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, and Marketing to deliver strategic projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years experience in merchandising / buying and category management / business management or consulting with a proven history of delivering results
- 3-4 years experience in managing a team
- Superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external).
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must.
- Mastery of Excel and strong analytical acumen
What we offer:
- Challenging and fulfilling steep learning curve
- Vibrant, dynamic & international workplace
- Periodic fun & engaging company events & team activities
- Tasty Thursdays
- Birthday Leave
- Work Anniversar(ies) Leave
- Opportunity to be a value-adding contributor to this fast-growing global company