‘Bringing convenience to your everyday’ - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’). So whether it’s by delivering food on our signature pink bikes, providing insights into the newest food trends, or getting you the groceries you need, we’re all about keeping you fed. As we move to grow throughout the Asia-Pacific region, we are on the lookout for talent who are excited about making a tangible impact with a fast-growing organisation looking to redefine how food, people, culture, and technology are connected.
We are now looking for a highly driven and motivated Lead/Head, Category Management, New Verticals (APAC) to join our fast-growing regional headquarters based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall strategy and execution of product assortment, promotion, pricing, and placement across all categories for foodpanda’s d-mart (pandamart) business. The role provides leadership to regional and local category teams and is responsible for meeting the target metrics of sales, COGS, margin $, inventory productivity, market share, and overall profitability. The role sets the promotional strategy for marketing and traffic and curates assortment to differentiate us. Externally, this person establishes strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop and implement a robust internal category review process that works closely with key stakeholders to enhance revenue growth strategies within our merchandise and services businesses.
- Partner with local Directors and Category leaders to create a category profitability strategy that will drive product cost reduction, a simplified assortment and supply base, and enables value for both company and customer base.
- Development and implementation of strategic growth plans across key accounts to achieve sales goals and grow business year over year, partnering with Head of Marketing, Demand Planning, Finance and other cross functional teams
- Guide and mentor direct reports to develop their skills and business acumen to achieve career growth.
- Manage JBP planning and goal alignment with key stakeholders and long-range vision
- Development and implementation of q-commerce (on-demand) strategies for Top Key Account Customers
- Responsible for achieving profitable sales growth by building & executing annual customer business plans
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly sales forecast accuracy and effectively communicating business performance and needs for customers
Manage the relationship with our key regional suppliers for both food & non food categories
Responsible for driving APAC’s advertising revenue, NMR & back margin negotiation with the top CPGs.
Cross functional strategic projects & initiatives
- Minimum of 7-10 years of business experience; 3 or more years of experience leading a small team either directly or cross functionally
- Merchandise category management experience within retail or CPG focused.
- Experience transforming disparate data sources and insights into strategic plans focused on executing for growth together with Regional CPG suppliers
- Expert in retail and CPG technologies and tools including syndicated data sources, assortment and space planning capabilities, and other consumer insight tools
- Proven ability to negotiate and/or influence vendors for outcomes that are productive and beneficial both short and long term
- Financial acumen, particularly and understanding of the drivers of the P&L and an ability to manage those effectively
- Proficient in advanced excel, power point access, and syndicated data knowledge
- Enjoying start-up scenes and having the “business builder DNA”
foodpanda is the world’s favourite way to order food online to your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again!
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 11 countries.