foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 11 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Up for an exciting new career?
You will be a part of the Regional Controlling team that is responsible for monthly reporting and financial planning across the APAC Region and the different entities.
We are looking for a highly analytical and experienced Lead, Financial Controller to lead our Regional Controlling team based in Singapore, overseeing the overall business in all APAC markets.The Regional Financial Controller Lead will collaborate with stakeholders across multiple markets and will lead financial planning, budgeting, reporting, analysis, and compliance for the APAC region. The candidate will thrive in a culture of accountability and transparency and be highly responsive to the needs of the continually evolving organization. The individual will have exceptional attention to detail, but will also be a strategic thinker, excited by the opportunity to test ideas and lead projects that impact the company.
- Coordinate monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes across the region, with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Oversee a team of 4 and ensure the integrity of Key Performance Indicators and financial metrics, as well as reporting accuracy and consistency across all markets.
- Support local teams during Month End Close - provide guidance and tools to help them improve accuracy and timeliness of MEC reporting
- Conduct variance analyses to identify and explain variances and present insights to senior leadership.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly Management Reporting decks are prepared with a high degree of accuracy and detailed analyses
- Lead the controlling team to make adjustments to existing processes with a view towards improving transparency and accuracy of our financial reports
- Ensure cashflow is maintained and improved as the business continues to grow
- Design, build and support the implemention of financial controls to ensure adherence to group controlling policies.
- Build strong relationships and become a solid business partner to the Local CFOs as well as Regional & Global teams
- Ad hoc tasks as required by CFO.
- Master's degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 7-10 years of working experience in FP&A / Controlling / Consulting / Audit firm, preferably with 2-3 years of people management experience
- Natural curiosity and a desire to understand the business, with the ability to proactively drive and influence change within the organisation through excellent stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, complex modelling, budgeting, accounting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Clear communication that is able to distill and explain complex problems for stakeholders at all levels
- A practical, hands-on approach to problem solving
- A strong desire to create functional and scalable systems, with a view to continuously improve current systems and automate accounting processes
- Resilience in challenging situations. Able to handle ambiguity and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events.
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company.
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities!
foodpanda is operated by the Delivery Hero Group (“DH Group”), the global leader in the food delivery industry, processing over 4 million orders daily, operating in 40+ markets, with over 25,000 employees and approximately 600,000+ restaurant partners worldwide.