foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 12 markets, foodpanda continues to expand and grow in its core food delivery business as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at its core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, delivering everything you need quickly and conveniently to your doorstep.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 5 million orders every day and operating in more than 50 markets in the world, with 27,000 employees and approximately more than half a million restaurant partners. In the Asia region, foodpanda currently operates in over 400 cities across 12 markets.
We’re looking for a highly driven and motivated Public Relations (PR) Specialist to join our growing regional team based in Singapore, foodpanda’s Asia HQ. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this is the place for you! The successful candidate will work with the regional PR team and support local in-country PR teams to roll out communications strategies that grow the foodpanda brand across the region. We’re looking for a master storyteller - if you’re passionate about connecting data dots or unearthing stories from unexpected places, we’re keen to have you join our team! Bonus points if you’re also good with graphics and can put together exciting and engaging infographics and visuals.
What's on the menu for you:
- Create engaging communications campaigns that generate conversations among media and consumers to support communication objectives
- Work across functions to uncover interesting stories from the business
- From thought leadership and corporate announcements to fun consumer-lifestyle stories - you will tell the foodpanda story to grow mind- and heart-share for the foodpanda brand, especially in key regional media
- Manage regional press office - you’ll play a key role in managing editorial requests
- Find, secure and prepare spokespersons for speaking opportunities for the company at trade conferences
- Ongoing monitoring of industry and regional news for meaningful leverage and opportunities
- Support country teams in driving impactful corporate stories for consumers
- Support the regional team on issues management and KPI tracking, in partnership with PR agency (where applicable)
What you can bring to the table:
- 4-6 years work-related experience in communications-related roles, in-house or in a PR agency. Experience working in tech and consumer lifestyle fields preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experienced in managing lifestyle and corporate media.
- A keen understanding of media and the news cycle with proven success achieving coverage.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Creative yet numbers-driven approach to creating content, setting up processes and analyzing data at hand.
- Highly driven, self-motivated, target oriented, resilient and tenacious.
- Creative thinking and curiosity to push new angles.
- Highly organised and plans and prioritizes work effectively.
- Successful completion of your studies in the field of communication or social sciences or journalism.
What we can offer you:
- A vibrant and international team with multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds.
- Solving challenges with inspiring colleagues in an all hands-on deck environment.
- Management team that recognizes top performers, welcome our newbies, and shares a love for good food.
- Competitive package, incentives, allowances, food perks, insurance, and more.