Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in the region, bringing thousands of your best loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast! We’re all about bringing on the smartest folks as we continue to grow with a fast-moving and agile environment and hire those who can thrive in a startup culture.
We are looking for a highly-driven and motivated Head of Kitchens APAC to join our fast-growing team based here in Singapore. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor and team leader – comfortable working independently, whilst working closely with the management team.
This role will be responsible for the roll-out and further expansion of the shared kitchen spaces. This role will be based in Singapore and will reporting to the Director of Kitchens and Concept. You will be leading an exciting future-oriented line of business.
- You are in charge of business analysis and planning. You also create profitability calculations for future delivery kitchens
- You will take full ownership for the P&L for this exciting line of business
- You will co-ordinate between the Central, regional and country teams to align on priorities and budgets
- You will work with local teams to aid expansion by finding suitable locations for our delivery kitchens.
- You will ensure the kitchens are always occupied and the right vendor mix is maintained
- You will work closely with the commercial, marketing and sales functions to ensure expansion and order targets are met.
- You will be responsible for the operational and customer experience KPI’s for kitchens partners.
- You assist the local teams to find and hire suitable architects, craftsmen and contractors
- You train our partner restaurants and kitchen operators and help them achieve and maintain operational standards.
- You will build lean operational flows to make the kitchens run as smoothly as possible
- You will engage in business development and help restaurants expand their business with the shared kitchens
- You will work closely with other functional teams to secure commercial leads and success
- You organize operational audits to ensure the standards and quality requirements
- Key Focus on maintaining global standards on food safety, sanitation and personal hygiene within the kitchen premise.
- Work continuously to innovate and find automation solutions, tech solutions to assist the kitchens become more efficient and profitable.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have at least 7-10 years of professional experience in the F&B industry preferably in a franchise organization or restaurant ownership
- APAC experience in this industry is strongly preferred
- You have strong business qualifications, e.g. in the form of a degree
- 5 years of management experience leading a large team
- You have experience in project management and able to balance multiple priorities
- You understand P&Ls and capable of owning them
- You are empathetic and have very good rhetorical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English. Additional languages will be a bonus
- You thrive in an environment that is entrepreneurial and extremely fast-moving