'Hungry to make a difference? Then foodpanda may be the place for you!'
At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine customers’ food and shopping experience as a multifaceted online platform across the 14 countries we operate in. We’re all about bringing on the smartest and brightest minds as we continue to grow in a fast-moving and agile environment, and hiring those who can thrive in an energetic and hardworking start-up culture. We strive to become everybody’s most loved delivery platform, however, this won't happen without some really awesome people!
We are looking for a highly-driven and motivated Specialist/Manager, Supply Chain- Kitchens & Concepts (APAC) to join our fun, professional and dedicated APAC team based here in Singapore. In this role, you will be part of the Kitchens & Concepts team, a vertical established in late 2020 that has now reached its hyper-growth phase. At the core, this vertical develops its own virtual food brands (made available only on delivery) that are then franchised. Wait no longer and join us if you want to make a direct and visible impact and contribute to large-scale success!
This role reports to the Regional Supply Chain Senior Manager and will be required to assist in all areas of supply chain management for our Shared Kitchens.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identifies new suppliers to inject competition
- Drives cost savings initiatives through negotiations with current and alternative suppliers
- Supports with data needed for end-to-end negotiation processes, including structured scoring and evaluation of alternatives
- Helps with Supplier Relationship Management post business award
- New product development and marketing activities
- Supports new product development while leveraging on suppliers capabilities
- Works with suppliers to develop specialised food and packaging products specific to our Concepts
- Manages promotions and ensures timely product availability at the lowest possible cost
- Supply administration
- Supervises daily operations and facilitate communication between operators, 3PLs and suppliers
- Generate raw material forecast requirements
- Perform variance analysis on key metrics, trend identification and adjustment of raw material forecast requirements
- Defines and follows KPIs to measure supplier performance and risk management
- Suggests changes to existing supply procedures to improve productivity, safety and timeliness
- Coordinates with procurement team on basic procure-to-pay BAUs
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in supply chain or procurement
- Excellent academic background and a proficiency with numbers
- Knowledge in the end-to-end supply chain, logistics and distribution. Experience in importation is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite
- Effective communication, negotiation and organisational skills with fluency in English
- Self-motivated individual that is looking for a role that will challenge and reward. Excellent opportunities to grow within the organisation for the right candidate
- Hands-on attitude – we are building a new business from scratch