At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Senior Cloud Engineer, APAC
We are looking for a versed Senior Cloud Engineer, APAC to be part of our APAC Tech and Product hub headquartered in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated engineers.
What’s on the menu:
- Work as part of the existing local team in Singapore and in conjunction with the Infrastructure team in Berlin to build, maintain and improve Terraform IaaC and other sort of automation in place.
- Propose and implement improvements to the platform to increase resilience and uptime
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents and contribute to post-mortem evaluations
- Design and develop systems and tools to automate and orchestrate the cloud environment
- Work with the development and security teams to ensure best-practices are being followed
What you can bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 years experience in designing and implementing Cloud Infrastructure
- Required experience in AWS with Terraform. Creation of modules, improvements, lifecycle, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS services like RDS, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, S3, etc (from infrastructure and operations perspective) always under IaaC principles.
- Knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages (such as Python, C++, NodeJS or Golang)
- Automation comes naturally to you and is your first instinct, automating yourself out of the job is your mission.
- You have strong troubleshooting, monitoring and critical thinking skills and you see yourself as an out-of-the-box thinker.
- You’re not afraid to take ownership of big problems and deliver solutions to them.
- The ideal candidate is someone who holds AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes certifications. But on-the-field experience will be positively valued.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.
At foodpanda, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.