Manager, Assortment - New Verticals (APAC)
foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 12 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Manager, Assortment - New Verticals (APAC) to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. Up for an exciting new career?
- You define the assortment performance metrics (commercial and customer), work with BI to develop the appropriate data sources (internal and external), tools and reporting, and manage performance of the assortment across our markets
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver assortment optimization across APAC region
- You support our markets hands-on in implementing the assortment strategies and driving top line growth
- Working with Product and Technology, you develop best-in-class assortment recommendation tools for store level assortment
- Stakeholder management with strong communication skills to explain assortment prioritization topics across multiple departments and markets
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in high growth startups, consulting, retail or FMCG related field
- You have a strong ability to analyze, synthesise, and translate large volumes of data into strategies and actions
- You have a strong customer centric mindset
- You have a high level of competence and credibility to influence strategic decisions at all levels of the organization and across different cultures
- You are able to present insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders in a persuasive manner
- You are results oriented
- You are confident working closely with data and product teams
- You have knowledge and experience in grocery retail assortment / category management (preferable)
- SQL/BigQuery/Tableau experience (preferable)
- Background in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup/tech environments preferred.
- Fluency in English (our corporate language) and great communication skills.
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events.
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company.
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities!
foodpanda is operated by the Delivery Hero Group (“DH Group”), the global leader in the food delivery industry, processing over 4 million orders daily, operating in 40+ markets, with over 25,000 employees and approximately 600,000+ restaurant partners worldwide.