At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building a new product from scratch operating at a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment.
Director of Product (Global Fintech)
We are looking for a Director of Product (Global Fintech) to lead a team of product managers across 6 to 8 squads. You will be responsible from product definition to development, launch and iteration. Working closely with the business teams across the globe, you will be responsible for launching global fintech solution across APAC, MENA, EUROPE & LATAM accelerating growth and reach of the product. Therefore effective collaboration with stakeholders, while developing the long term strategy and vision, is the key.
This role reports directly to our Senior Product Director.
What's on the menu:
- You will be leading a team of 6 to 8+ Product Managers/Squads. You will be responsible for hiring, supporting and growing product managers into the best ones there are.
- You will be responsible for Overall product vision, launch & strategy.
- Own and drive go-to-marketing strategy and launch execution of our product portfolio, features and benefits that drive impact
- Collaborate closely with engineering, data, business and design leaders in shaping up the company culture, processes & overall product delivery framework
- Lead and shape the market with innovative market offerings, delivering competitive advantage, upholding the brand promise, and delivering a positive customer experience
- Understand and evangelize for the needs and motivations of our customers, actively identifying gaps and opportunities to better serve the audience in each market
- Spearhead strategic external partnerships along with business leadership
- Work effectively across internal and external stakeholders, including S/VPs of Product in external partner organisations, to deliver on shared objectives and KPIs
What you can bring to the table:
- 12+ years experience in Product management and at least 6+ years in leadership
- Significant product management and people management experience
- Customer oriented and long term thinking : Not satisfied with the status quo and want to raise the bar
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership across foodpanda with an analytical mindset
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Team Management: ability to manage and coach a team of product managers.
- Prior experience in e-commerce is a must
- A passion to build a great product & be successful with that product in the market.
- A passion for design excellence, usability & consumer appeal in products.
- A passion for finding amazing food and great service.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.