At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to be part of our squads, to support our growing regional Product team here in Singapore as part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
What's on the menu:
- Subject matter expert within your vertical being hands-on within the full SDLC of development, design, testing, deployment and release work
- Product owner within your vertical which includes improving and maintenance when necessary
- Take part in architectural decision making
- Ensure code quality through reviews to be align with development standards
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
What you can bring to the table:
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in mobile software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience
- Good command of English with ability to articulate work scope
- Hands on experience coding in Swift language
- Testing on a high performance level
- Architecture and design patterns (SOLID principle, MVVM or Viper patterns)
- Scalability issues and building high performance applications that support thousands to millions of active user requests
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines for deployment and release
- Full SDLC hands on experience - Development, design, testing, deployment and release
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.