At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
We are looking for a Manager, Product Analytics to join the product organisation that builds and scales the digital experience enjoyed by millions of consumers in 20+ markets across APAC and Europe (and as diverse as Sweden, Pakistan & Taiwan!). Our users can do a lot on our platform - order food delivery, buy groceries, find dine-in deals, discover new ad offerings from our partners, play games in our loyalty program (and more!) - and our goal is to make all this as delightful, personalised and seamless an experience as possible!
The mandate of the Product Analytics team is simple & threefold, i) reliably and effectively track user behaviour at scale (talking terabytes of data here!), ii) enable a data-informed decision making culture (self-serve analytics, metrics & measurement strategy, controlled experimentation), and iii) drive generative research that informs & prioritises our product feature backlog.
This particular role is a leadership position within the analytics team that supports the tribes (Marketing & Partnerships, New Business etc.) in Singapore.
- Work with senior product leadership in delivering a delightful experience to our users
- Set the right OKRs & metrics-that-matter for the tribe and squads you work with
- Shape the product strategy for the tribe with a holistic understanding of all business and user experiential considerations
- Educate product and business stakeholders on analytics/experimentation best-practices and contribute to data-based decision-making
- Ensure the whole is greater than the sum of its parts as it relates to the Product Analytics team
- Support your analysts in delivering high quality work products; build and maintain the credibility of the analytics team as a key partner in product development
- Build strong working relationships with all key functional leads (Design, Engineering, Product, UX Research) for your domain
- Work with data engineering, experimentation, data scientists and other technical counterparts in optimising analytics infrastructure and simplifying workflows
- Be a people manager that empowers and inspires their team to do great work
Your heroic skills:
- 5-8 years experience in the Analytics space in fast-growing and dynamic environments, with at least some experience directly managing teams
- You love to learn, are a critical thinker and creative problem solver who strives for excellence.
- You empower your team members to grow in their career path and help guide them towards achieving their goals
- You love engaging people across the company with your enthusiasm for making positive change
- Demonstrated experience with scientific methods in statistics, physics, economics, mathematics, data science or similar
- Solid experience in analysis and data wrangling skills, ideally in a big data ecosystem - SQL, python/R
Nice to have:
- Google Analytics - mastery in other tracking technologies can be used as an alternative (e.g. Adobe, Webtrekk, MixPanel, SnowPlow, Piwik, Tealium, Segment etc.)
- Experience with BigQuery and Google Cloud Platform
Want to hear more about what we do? Here's an Introduction to foodpanda's analytics team
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.