At foodpanda, we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food and people are connected. Headquartered in Singapore, foodpanda offers a quick and convenient way to get food, groceries and more delivered to your doorstep at the touch of a button. Through our network of local restaurants, retailers and pandamart stores, we provide thousands of exciting on-demand options to customers in over 400 cities across 12 markets in Asia. foodpanda is part of Delivery Hero, a world leader in food delivery and related services.
We are looking for a Data Engineer, to join our growing team that who will work closely with our fintech squads based in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
This role reports directly to our Director of Data & Product Analytics.
What's on your plate:
- Build and execute SQL queries & database schema as required by the business
- Work with software engineers and architects to design the target data architecture as per business requirements
- Architect, build and deploy data models with adequate documentation and validation
- Implement data processing and pipelining queries that will enable data-informed decision-making within the business
- Enable data consumers such as analytics, data products, machine learning etc. by actively seeking opportunities to automate data pipelines
- Continuously experiment state of the art technologies and proactively seek opportunities to improve the data ecosystem
- Actively document the codes, models and data dictionaries that are being developed.
What you bring to the table:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in data analytics / engineering, preferably on a cloud setup
- Strong knowledge on SQL, data structures and database schemas
- Experience in data pipelining tools such as Airflow
- Good working knowledge of Python / Java or any other programming language
- Knowledgeable in big data, Data Warehouse technologies
- Knowledgeable in agile tool sets such as Jira, Confluence etc.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge on NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.
What we can offer you:
- A vibrant and international team with multicultural and diverse backgrounds.
- Solving challenges with inspiring colleagues in an all hands-on deck environment.
- Management team that recognizes top performers, welcomes our newbies, and shares a love for good food.
- Competitive package, incentives, allowances, food perks, insurance, pension and more.