At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
Product Designer, APAC
We are looking for a talented UX designer to help us create and improve the overall experience for our users. Our mission is "to enable data-driven marketing and create delightful user experiences for profitable growth of our brands".
You will focus on designing products that serve our customers as we grow 6x annually and process millions of orders. If you have a passion for technical problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows, this role may be a good fit for you. You will have a direct impact on the daily working lives of our internal users and heavily contribute to improving operational efficiency on a global scale.
As a designer in this budding team, you will own the end-to-end design process from working with stakeholders, influencing design directions,and creating a user-centric product through research studies, workshops and prototyping. This would be an avenue to bring your expertise in setting up a collaborative and effective design process.
What's on the menu:
- Execute across all phases of design work: discover underlying problems, define conceptual foundations, execute UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, participate or conduct usability testing, create production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
- Collaborate with peers in other cross-functional teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- Develop and maintain our dedicated design system through sustainable and scalable solutions
What you can bring to the table:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in user experience design
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing mobile and web apps
- Fundamental understanding of visual and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, sitemaps
- Experience with integrating qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Figma and other prototyping tools is required
- Entry-level designers are welcome to apply
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.