At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
Head of Product (Fintech), APAC
We are looking for a Head of Product (Fintech), APAC to lead a team of product managers across squads from product definition to development, launch and iteration. Working closely with the business teams, you will be responsible for enhancing and building our wallet /payments solutions ground up, accelerating growth and reach of the product. Therefore effective collaboration with stakeholders, while developing the long term strategy and vision, is the key.
What's on the menu:
- Develop and lead the product vision and strategy
- Gather functional & technical requirements for managing wallet creation, customer transactions, balance management & other key requirements to support customer
- Work with engineers and designers day to day by following the product management framework
- Decide which payment methods we should offer our customers through our website and apps.Determine how we should present these visually to maximize the rate of successful payments.
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Manage relationships with payment providers. Identify and select new providers worldwide. Make sure that customers anywhere in the world can pay using the payment methods that are most convenient for them.
- Decide which payment providers to use in our backend to process payments.
- Define business logic and user experience for all scenarios involving requesting and processing both one-time and recurring payments and payment results.
- Mitigate risks from payment fraud through well designed user experiences and automated and manual fraud-detection systems and processes
- Manage and develop a team of product managers
What you can bring to the table:
- Significant product management and people management experience
- Customer oriented and long term thinking : Not satisfied with the status quo and want to raise the bar
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership across foodpanda with an analytical mindset
- Team Management: ability to manage and coach a team of product managers.
- Prior experience in e-commerce is a must
- A passion to build a great product & be successful with that product in the market.
- A passion for design excellence, usability & consumer appeal in products.
- A passion for finding amazing food and great service.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.