At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
Senior Product Designer (Consumer Tech), APAC
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Consumer Product team to help anticipate our customer's needs and deliver function and delight for everyone, everyday. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Singapore!
What's on the menu:
- Collaborating with multiple professionals in your cross functional teams across all phases of the design process: research, conceptual design, prototypes, validation of usability and feasibility, creating production ready designs and implementation
- Articulating design decisions, leveraging experience, research, and data to build consensus and move the product process forward.
- Bringing narrative of user/customer needs to an interdisciplinary team to reach common goal of improving the product and user experience on a daily basis
- Incorporating qualitative and quantitative data and feedback through experimentation and concept validation testing
- Managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Inspiring, pushing creativity, questioning established thinking and identifying industry best practices to contribute to the creation of an outstanding experience.
- Creating durable, reusable components and patterns to accelerate the design process and create consistent, coherent experiences for users.
- Working alongside development partners to ensure design quality in implementation and process improvements
- Supporting design initiatives by sharing your process and knowledge and bringing our processes inside the team to the next level
- Representing design and the customer's voice by educating cross-functional stakeholders to a user-centered product design process
What you can bring to the table:
- At a minimum BA in UX-related field (human-computer interaction, interaction design, service design, human factors, behavioral research, graphic/visual design,psychology, sociology or anything related to cognition, perception and user behavior) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years (5+ years for senior position), of experience in product/interaction design in a consumer-focused product organization working in cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience designing and shipping Android, iOS apps, and web working with cross-platform requirements
- Portfolio demonstrating a user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Operational experience in prioritization and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Figma, Sketch, inVision or similar design tools
- Collaborative, proactive attitude and ability to maintain a structured working style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- Enthusiastic team player who empowers and motivates team members
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.