At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Engineering Manager (New Business), APAC
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, APAC to build highly scalable applications that can be used by our millions of users across APAC and Europe. You’ll work on one of our growing array of services as we diversify and expand beyond food delivery.
What’s on the menu:
- Define the strategic direction of your team and contribute to the technical strategy for the entire platform
- Guide and coach an exceptional team of engineers, mentoring them in technical and non-technical aspects and lead them to build stable, scalable and reliable features and services
- Help them to shape their individual careers and grow the team to become more self organized, more agile and more autonomous
- Establish and grow the right Engineering Practices with your team (e.g. TDD, CI/CD, Agile Methodologies, etc.) in order to improve the engagement of your team, the speed of delivery and the quality of the features and services you own
- Jointly own product delivery along with your product peer, work closely with technical and business stakeholders, creating roadmaps, alignment, and cost management
- Scaling different processes of the organization such as engineering hiring and onboarding
What you can bring to the table:
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team of engineers from various functional backgrounds (backend, web, Android, iOS)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading self organising teams by encouraging a culture of incremental improvements and shared accountability
- Good understanding of product and business KPIs and how to translate those into goals using the OKR framework. You are good in managing project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Experience in distributed systems, complex web or mobile applications. Hands on experience with common design and architectural patterns, continuous integration / deployment and the test pyramid
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.