Senior Backend Software Engineer
"To be the most loved everyday food and groceries destination!" - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’).foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 11 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to build highly scalable applications that can be used by millions of users across APAC. You will work on one of our growing arrays of services as we diversify and expand beyond food delivery.
What's on the menu:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software that scales which will be used across the whole ecosystem of foodpanda, while ensuring the stability of the platform
- You’ll play an active role in designing and improving the overall architecture to support massive growth in users and products
- Practice modern software development methodologies such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and Scrum.
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborating with cross-functional and international agile teams.
- You will coach and mentor other team members to successfully transfer knowledge.
What you can bring to the table:
- >8 years of extensive experience building complex, distributed, large-scale backend systems, including concepts such as microservices, event-driven architectures, cloud computing, RESTful APIs, gRPC, etc.
- You have Senior Level experience working with at least one of the following programming languages: GoLang (preferred), Java, Node.js, Python, or other relevant programming languages, ideally in a cloud environment (Google Cloud or AWS) using Kubernetes / Docker
- You’re proficient in selecting from best practice Design Patterns and Design Principles when building your Software Architectures and Algorithms
- Experience with using and modeling SQL and NoSQL Databases (e.g. MySQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience applying XP and Agile principles to your work, e.g. TDD, Retrospectives, Pair Programming, Continuous Deployments, etc.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners.