At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Backend Software Engineer
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to be part of the foodpanda team, to support our growing regional Product team here in Singapore as part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
What's on the menu for you:
- Design and implement the platform which will be used across the whole foodpanda
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within autonomous teams
- Work in a cross-functional and international team to deliver a holistic solution
- Actively participate in the design and architectural decisions
- Actively participate in open reviews and sharing with peers (Code reviews, ideas etc)
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
What you can bring to the table:
- Good understanding in building reliable and scalable web applications leveraging microservices architecture
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Passionate about software development, problem-solving and technical challenges
- Good knowledge in Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Testing Methodologies (unit, integration and functional)
Good to have
- Experience in Golang is advantageous
- Hands-on specific AWS Technologies: DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis
- Familiar with performance optimization in high traffic applications
- Familiar with databases and their optimization
- Familiar with best practices/architecture in designing applications
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.