At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Staff Backend Software Engineer, APAC
We are looking for a Staff Backend Software Engineer to build highly scalable applications that can be used by millions of users across APAC. You will work on one of our growing arrays of services as we diversify and expand beyond food delivery. Being an engineering leader that takes full ownership and is committed to delivery, with an ability to solve complex problems at scale, and while paying attention to the tiniest details.
What's on the menu:
- A diver, to the deepest parts of complex software systems to make it simpler.
- Have the mind of an architect, to model hundreds of subsystems mentally before bringing them to life.
- A leader, to involve in complex systems and build with high quality, reliability and security.
- A learner, to learn continuously and knows there are no upper limits in terms of self-improvement.
- An owner, who can take ownership closer to heart and deliver under tight schedules.
- A fantastic team player, who can work with technical and product team members with the highest degree of collaboration.
- A champion of best practices and scalable solutions which affect multiple teams.
What you can bring to the table:
- You are self-sufficient by owning complex deliverables and driving it from architecture, system design, and all the way to serve millions of users.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills to express solutions to large/ complex problems.
- You care about the quality of your deliverables in terms of resiliency, performance and scalability.
- You have a good eye for relational database performance bottlenecks and know how to circumvent them in every walk of the solution.
- You are versatile about the programming languages or the kind of problems you can solve.
- Experience running & maintaining a (micro-)service environment with decoupled services under high load with large data sets.
- Familiar with cloud provider GCP, AWS and with DevOps practices
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.