Staff Backend Software Engineer
"To be the most loved everyday food and groceries destination!" - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’).foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 11 markets, we continue to expand and grow in our core food delivery business, as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at our core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, getting everything you need into your hands quickly and conveniently!
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers to join us in scaling our platform, to digitalise businesses in Asia, uplift rider livelihoods and build a hyper-convenient platform for our customers. If you love working with technology to create solutions and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, you will find your tribe here at foodpanda. Our diverse and high-performing team comprises people from more than 60 nationalities, and we welcome all experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
What's on the menu:
- A diver, to the deepest parts of complex software systems to make it simpler.
- Have the mind of an architect, to model hundreds of subsystems mentally before bringing them to life.
- A leader, to involve in complex systems and build with high quality, reliability and security.
- A learner, to learn continuously and knows there are no upper limits in terms of self-improvement.
- An owner, who can take ownership closer to heart and deliver under tight schedules.
- A fantastic team player, who can work with technical and product team members with the highest degree of collaboration.
- A champion of best practices and scalable solutions which affect multiple teams.
What you can bring to the table:
- You are self-sufficient by owning complex deliverables and driving it from architecture, system design, and all the way to serve millions of users.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills to express solutions to large/ complex problems.
- You care about the quality of your deliverables in terms of resiliency, performance and scalability.
- You have a good eye for relational database performance bottlenecks and know how to circumvent them in every walk of the solution.
- You are versatile about the programming languages or the kind of problems you can solve.
- Experience running & maintaining a (micro-)service environment with decoupled services under high load with large data sets.
- Familiar with cloud provider GCP, AWS and with DevOps practices
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events.
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company.
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities!