At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
Product Specialist (Shopping Discovery & Marketing)
As a Shopping Discovery & Marketing Product Specialist for the platform, you will be an extension of the Singapore APAC product team. You will be a leader at the forefront as this role would require strong collaboration across various teams and be the focal point for all stakeholders nearly in all functions. In this role, you will be responsible to bring local market insights to the regional and central product team, and empower the local team to make product decisions and changes for the market. In addition, you will help to shape pragmatic solutions that solve local problems and can also benefit the global platform. This entails supporting the central team and other product specialists in understanding and prioritising local initiatives on a quarterly basis.
What’s on the menu:
- Build and maintain a continuous product roadmap by working with product specialists and business teams to understand business processes and explore how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale.
- Drive feature development updates and ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary product point of contact for shop experience and marketing
- Optimize feature rollout for high impact features that speeds up time-to-market and time-to-value
- Spearhead and maintain SOP for daily product operations with the teams
- Be the gatekeeper for product and tech features to ensure optimal business impacts.
What you can bring to the table:
- At least 4 years of experience managing web and mobile consumer products as a product/tech specialist in an e-commerce company. Plus points if you have worked in a similar organization like ours.
- A passion to build a great product & be successful with that product in the market.
- A passion for design excellence, usability & consumer appeal in products.
- A good understanding of and passion for scrum and agile software development methodologies.
- A sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- An analytical mindset and skill-set.
- A passion for finding amazing food and great service.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.