foodpanda is the largest food and grocery delivery platform in Asia, outside of China. Operating in more than 400 cities across 12 markets, foodpanda continues to expand and grow in its core food delivery business as well as in new verticals like grocery deliveries, with a strong tech infrastructure at its core. From our restaurants-partners, cloud kitchens and cloud grocery stores — foodpanda is just one tap away, delivering everything you need quickly and conveniently to your doorstep.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 5 million orders every day and operating in more than 50 markets in the world, with 27,000 employees and approximately more than half a million restaurant partners. In the Asia region, foodpanda currently operates in over 400 cities across 12 markets.
We’re looking for a highly driven and motivated FP & A Controller to join our growing team based in Cambodia. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this is the place for you! The successful candidate will work in-country to roll out our strategies that grow the foodpanda brand. We’re keen to have you join our team!
What's on your menu?
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of Group Financial Reporting and Country Financial Reporting requirements.
- Lead and drive the submission of monthly financial statements in Group Reporting Tool.
- Own Month-End Close Checklist, ensure the finance team has completed all JE postings and validate accounting entries on SAP before submission to Central.
- Ensure that the Balance Sheet and P&L postings in SAP are done in accordance with IFRS.
- Ensure intercompany postings are validated and correctly posted in SAP and also in Group Reporting Tool.
- Oversee on the bill-run to make sure the entries post under the respective gl codes and timing manner.
- Lead monthly reconciliation of accounts between SAP and Group Reporting Tool.
- Review FTE data by local HR and own the reporting of FTE in Group Reporting Tool.
- Own reporting of core KPIs in Group Reporting Tool.
- Validate disputes by checking records and supporting documents for accuracy.
- Liaise with Group Accounting on Accounting Policies, applications and General Ledger Structure.
- Monitor cost trends on SAP and communicate any causes of unexpected variances.
- Continually automate, streamline, and improve current reporting, operational and accounting processes to improve business efficiency in the region.
What do you bring to the table?
- Strong Command of English (Written and Spoken)
- At least 5-6 years of experience in relevant Accounting or FP&A roles.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a fast past business model and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to bridge language barriers – you must be able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent professional qualification in Accounting.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS, financial reporting and internal controls.
- Humility and the desire to challenge one’s self beyond comfort zone is essential for this role
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries.