This is not your typical software sales job and we are not looking for the typical sales executive. If you are a technical expert that leads with product features, bits and bytes; this is likely not a fit for you. Conversely, you may be a great fit if you lead with an understanding of customer challenges and business issues, thrive on teaching prospective customers your unique perspective, and you're comfortable creating constructive tension and taking control of the sale. At Fonteva, we are ambitious, intellectually curious people who love to learn, want to challenge the status quo and help to transform an industry. You’ll find that our culture supports and rewards learning, entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and collaboration. We are looking for like-minded people who share our passion for success.
As a Sales Executive, you are responsible for identifying and building new business, while also acting as an evangelist of Fonteva’s products and the Salesforce.com platform. You help customers solve business problems in more effective and efficient ways of utilizing Fonteva products. You will develop a pipeline through outbound calls and follow-up on MQLs, teaching prospect’s how Fonteva delivers differentiated value, tailoring value propositions, nurturing relationships and closing new business.
- In collaboration with managers, Inside Sales and Marketing, design and implement sales campaigns/strategies to ensure you achieve quota and the company meets objectives.
- Research prospective customers to identify the right new business opportunities within assigned territories and drive to closure.
- Develop and execute territory and account plans to build an appropriate pipeline, including customer calls, continuous follow-up, and relationship-building.
- Engage in sales dialogue, deliver sales presentations and overview software demonstrations; and facilitate technical demos with the support of Sales Engineers.
- Use business knowledge, company training, and consultative selling skills to teach customers insight about their business which links back to Fonteva’s solutions.
- Take control of the sales process and artfully coach prospective customers to build consensus for Fonteva’s solutions in their organization. Assertive, but not aggressive, on everything from what you teach to negotiating price.
- Collaboratively work with your manager and technical sales to create a deal level strategy to win new business.
- Regularly update CRM and other systems with real-time information, and use prospect intelligence for sales planning and forecasting
- Actively seek to understand where the buyer is in their ‘buyer-journey,’ and accurately forecast new business, regularly.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA is a plus)
- Verifiable track record of predictably meeting and exceeding sales quota
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Experience in Association or Event Management or Marketing Automation industries not required, but a plus
- Travel as required by business need
KEY COMPETENCIES / DEMONSTRABLE SKILLS
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes and systematically solves problems, creatively addresses customer pain points, obstacles, and needs. Challenges prospective customers to think differently. Knows buyer's value drivers and teaches prospects unique perspectives.
- Communication - Consultative seller and a great listener, who adeptly engages in two-way dialogue with prospects about their business. Tailors conversations to the customer’s needs with authority. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence – Use rational and emotional drivers to constructively create tension, drive urgency and action when dealing with often highly risk-averse prospects.
- Coachable – Quick learner who actively and openly seeks out learning and feedback to continuously improve knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Networking – Identifies the right prospective customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly. Works collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to drive consensus. Can thrive in a consensus-driven buying environment.
- Ownership – Acts like an owner, going above and beyond with relentless drive to achieve results. Independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal supervision. Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Workflow Management – Detailed and organized, with the ability to effectively prioritize. Sets clear, realistic and time-bound objectives that align to business growth. Breaks objectives down into tasks and process steps to achieve high-quality work in a realistic timeframe.