The Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall design of the application and mapping business requirements to systems/technical requirements. He/she works as a member of the Delivery team (to dedicated customers) along with the Project Manager, Business Analyst(s), and Developer(s) to deliver a complete solution for the customer.
Because this is a customer-facing role, the Solution Architect must be able to communicate well with customers of varying technical abilities. An ability to understand customer requirements and translate them into technical reality that is extendable and maintainable is critical.
- Work with Delivery team to conduct Business Process Review (BPR), and define scope of work and level of development efforts
- Attain targeted average of 450 billable hours per quarter, or as agreed with Supervisor
- Conduct and/or attend customer and project team meetings onsite (Fonteva office or customer office) as required by business needs
- Clearly and effectively communicate with Fonteva team and with customers regarding status, technical issues, enhancements and creative solutions
- Assist Project Manager with overall project management
- Use technical expertise to design, develop (program), test, document, and deploy high-quality business solutions on the Force.com platform
- Design and build high-quality business solutions on Fonteva product platforms
- Design, develop, test, document and deploy third-party integrations with Salesforce.com
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign with the Project Manager
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements; provide current best practice and third-party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Produce technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Lead the UAT (User Acceptance Testing) efforts
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts with the Project Manager
- Participate in internal projects and perform other duties as business needs arise and require, as agreed with Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field, or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Business Systems or IT, or education/coursework in lieu of experience; preferably in professional services, sales or customer support operations
- Experience developing and delivering solutions to real customer problems
- Proven Solutions consulting experience in large enterprises and cloud technologies strongly preferred
- Knowledge of SaaS solutions and implementation such as Salesforce.com, Google, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
- 2+ years of advanced experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development, including Force.com development, with a strong focus on Apex and Visualforce development
- At least 4 years of Salesforce.com systems integration and/or implementation experience
- Salesforce Certifications: DEV401, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc., required; must maintain professional knowledge of the Salesforce.com ecosystem
- Experience with other CRM software (Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of SOQL; in-depth experience with jQuery and/or Bootstrap a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in some of the following technologies: Force.com, APEX, VisualForce, Workflows, OBM, C++Java/J2EE, Integration/EAI technologies (e.g. Pervasive, Informatica, Jitterbit, ESB, Demandtools), SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc.), Common frameworks (struts, spring, hibernate, etc.), and Database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures)
- Experience with software versioning control management tools (github and bitbucket)
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s for integration purposes
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Understanding of standard business processes, including accounting (revenue management), required
- Knowledge of full project life cycle from requirements through deployment, with ability to design and implement a project schedule
- Strong logical, analytical, and technical skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; adept at presentation to customers and senior management
- Detailed, organized and results-oriented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated interest in non-profits and associations a plus
- Some travel necessary as required by customer.