As a member of the Engineering team, the Test Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our software products are of the highest quality possible. This role is situated on the front lines of Fonteva’s testing operations, and is primarily responsible for building test cases against software requirements and turning those cases into automated tests to be executed nightly as part of a CI/CD process. Fonteva has a collaborative development process, so Automation Engineers sit right beside Product, Development, and Support; the incumbent will not be testing in isolation!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborate with Product Designers to vet and build high quality user stories as part of an AGILE software product engineering team.
- Design and develop test plans that verify user stories and system requirements.
- Turn manually executed test scenarios into automatically executed test scenarios via a Selenium, Typescript, and Cucumber testing framework.
- Design testing strategies for complex software products; execute said strategies efficiently and diligently.
- Identify discrepancies and report issues into a bug tracking system (Jira).
- Other duties as business needs arise.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience developing test cases for web applications/mobile
- 1+ year of scripting or coding experience (JS/Java/Python). We use ES6 and later.
- Experience with Protractor, Chai, or Mocha
- Experience using Java, Ruby, and/or familiarity with OOP concepts
- Experience with Cucumber, Gherkin, or another high level BDD business-testing framework
- Very strong reading comprehension skills with a superior attention to detail
- Creative, critical thinking skills
- Experience with testing mechanisms such as Selenium, Webdriver, Protractor or similar
- A knack for destruction testing (How can this feature/code be broken?)
- Confidence in work produced; bugs and issues identified will be scrutinized!
- An understanding of standard CRM processes and functions
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
Nice to have:
- Experience testing Visualforce or Lightning Salesforce applications
- Experience with Salesforce Apex Development
- Experience with Salesforce automation
- Experience with shell scripting
- Knowledge of formal software design principles
- Technical documentation experience
- Experience with WCAG 2.0/508/GDPR/PCI/SOX/HIPAA or other forms of compliance testing