This is a remote position in the GTA with regular travel to customers' stores.
Local candidates only
What we are looking for
Focal Systems is currently expanding our operations in North America, and we are seeking a Director of Operations to be an integral member of the Focal Systems-Canada team. You will build and lead a highly experienced team of field operations experts focused on deploying state-of-the-art imaging technology devices. The team is responsible for the end-to-end installation and maintenance of Focal Systems shelf cameras that are currently being deployed at scale (think 200,000+ units) at leading retailers throughout the world.
What you will be doing
• Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
• Collaborate with executive management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
• Analyze operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
• Identifying and targeting areas in which the business can improve operations
• Work with the field teams across the organization to ensure tasks are completed
• Proactively address barriers to success, including being a direct contact for support escalations
• Understanding the customer's business, defining success criteria, and building plans to exceed expectations
What you need to be successful
• 10 years of operations experience with 5+ years in a leadership role with significant experience in managing people and process
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably advanced degree)
• Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
• Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
• Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills
• Good understanding of account management and customer success
• Knowledge of the retail, mass merchandiser, home improvement, and/or grocery operations, along with the associated information technology stack such as shopper-facing apps, back-room inventory management, and/or retail POS systems is a plus.
• Ability and desire to work independently in a remote environment
• Six Sigma certification
• Startup mentality, team player and willing to work 40+ hours a week
Why Focal Systems
Strong Values and Mission
We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since in¬ception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.