Poland - fully remote
Who we are
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. We have been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, and want to help build a great and enduring company!
What we are looking for
We generate billions of data points every minute that we utilize to help our clients optimize their store operations. As the Data Scientist, you will be responsible for managing our end to end data pipeline from image to insight. Reporting to the CEO and Head of Product, you will work very closely with our Product, Infrastructure and Deep Learning teams.
What you will do
• Identify data, metrics and analyses needs; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship
• Synthesize data findings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Focal Systems
• Act as a strategic partner to Head of Product and Focal executives; initiate and execute on data-driven analyses to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
• Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly
• Work to drive new data initiatives, automation of reports, and establish best practices
• Work to scale our insights through better systems and automation
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
• Design and implement processes and operational procedure around our data pipeline
• Analyze and report on performance metrics such as throughput, accuracy and cost for our data operations
• Work closely with product & engineering on building out the tools and platforms utilized in our data processing
What you need to be successful
• At least a BS degree (MS / PhD degree preferred) in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science with 5+ years relevant experience
• Deep understanding of statistics
• Proven ability to manage complex data analysis
• Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills
• Experience with data analytics/business intelligence tools
• Deep experience with SQL; knowledge of Python strongly preferred
• Uphold our values & mission
• Startup mentality, team player and willing to work 40+ hours a week
Why Focal Systems
Strong Values and Mission: We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since in¬ception.
Exceptional Team: We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
Outstanding Partners: We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. We offer:
• Competitive Salary & Attractive Stock
• Quarterly Team Retreats
• Education grants