Who we are
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley-based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since our founding. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative, and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, share our values, and want to build a great and enduring company.
We have built the next-generation operating system for brick & mortar retail. This OS leverages shelf-mounted cameras that constantly measure the state of the retailers’ shelves and uses that information to order quicker and smarter, to planogram better, and to schedule, direct, train and manage staff. We have proven this with major retailers around the world.
What we’re looking for
We are currently expanding our team throughout North America and are looking for an experienced supply chain manager to ensure our supply chain and logistics operations function properly.
In this role, you'll collaborate with other departments, such as Operations and Finance, to create effective business plans, so teamwork skills are important. You should also have experience in project management, as well as great leadership and communication ability.
We’re looking for people who think critically, communicate effectively, and love to be hands on.
What you will do
● Analyze Supply Chain data and performance
● Maintain tracking and distribution of inventory, update and maintain internal Inventory Management Systems
● Analyze data from shipping and delivery processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
● Evaluate and report on KPIs
● Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly
● Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
● Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery, accidents)
● Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
● Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain
● Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
What you need to be successful
● Previous experience as a supply chain manager or in a similar field
● Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes
● Working experience of relevant software (e.g. SAP MM)
● Strong communication skills
● Excellent organizational and project management skills
● A strategic and analytical mind
● Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar field
● Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation, to and from work.
● Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
● Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
● Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and other handheld devices).
● Must possess strong time management and interpersonal abilities.
● Must be detail oriented and ensure accuracy in your work.
● Must maintain quality standards that meet and/or exceed expectations.
Why Focal Systems
Strong Mission and Values
We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
● Competitive Compensation
● Paid Training and Paid Time Off
● Internal Career Advancement Opportunities
● Tools Provided