About Focal Systems
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. We have been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, and want to help build a great and enduring company!
What we're looking for
We generate thousands of data points every minute that we utilize to help our clients optimize their store operations. As Data Scientist/Data Ops Lead, you will be responsible for managing our Deep Learning data pipeline from image to insight. You will work very closely with our product, infrastructure and deep learning teams in this role to produce accurate labeled data for DL training purposes
What you will do
- Manage external vendors and take responsibility to hit accuracy and throughput targets
- Oversee the data operations budget, capacity planning and maintenance
- Onboard, oversee and manage relationships third party vendors
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Design and implement processes and operational procedure around our data pipeline
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams on building out the tools and platforms we utilize in our data processing
- Analyze and report on performance metrics such as throughput, accuracy and cost for our data operations
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years in a leadership role with significant experience in managing people and processes.
- Conceptual understanding of Deep Learning/Machine Learning data labeling process
- Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills.
- Experience sourcing and managing third party vendors (overseas)
- Ability to oversee negotiations and contract management
- Experience with data analytics/business intelligence
- Deep knowledge of SQL and data science
- Knowledge of Python strongly preferred
- Strong Values and Mission: We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception
- Exceptional Team: We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art
- Outstanding Partners: We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. We offer:
- Competitive salary & valuable stock options!
- Health insurance
- Catered lunches
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Team Retreats
- Education grants