Do you want to watch from the side lines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen?
Fnality International was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes, redefining the industry by decentralising transactions using blockchain technology. Backed by a large consortium of the world’s leading banks, at Fnality, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
Fnality is changing the way banking will work...forever. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple, to create a highly motivated and talented team that can work from first principles to drive the creation of the world’s new distributed financial services infrastructure.
We are a purist agile organisation, working in multi-skilled cross-functional scrum teams, getting this thing done. The office atmosphere can swing from buzzing, laughing, excitement to heads down focussing on not just challenging, but hugely important work. Every task is important here and there is no space for egos. We are also not prescriptive about what hours you work but focussed on the results we achieve and are building an inclusive, progressive culture to support this.
About the role
This role sits within our Tech Guild and you will work in an agile cross-functional team working collaboratively with your peers to deliver against complex objectives. We are looking for a game-changing Dev Lead to help us define and own the software development lifecycle.
- effectively work with various partners producing software deliverables
- collaborate with partners and own the software development lifecycles including CI/CD, end to end testing and code quality
- ensure deliverables meet high standards of quality, security, functional and non-functional implementation
- be responsible for policies around source control, branch and merge and test processes
- be responsible for integration and creating deliverable artefacts
You will be an analytical thinker who is able to look at tasks and understand the most efficient way to achieve the desired outcome. You will be vigilantly outcomes-focussed and fully agile in your approach to working. You will have an insatiable desire to learn, adept at picking up new challenges and giving it a go. You will want to deliver as much as learn and you will understand how important the power of the team is.
To be successful you will need demonstrate:
- experience of performing a Dev Lead role in an agile fast-growing tech scale up
- a successful track record in managing the quality and outputs of a near shore development partner
- understanding an as-is solution architecture (business/technical), and created solutions that adhere to, or build on, those foundations
- experience of Java plus collaborative tools such as Jira and Confluence, and strong Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- experience of working in a TDD environment and the ability to advocate this approach
- experience of working in an innovative, disruptive, rapidly mobilising and evolving business / teams
- willingness and ability to roll your sleeves up and help wherever possible
- experience in participating in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- experience of being a fact based, analytical and data driven thinker - applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
To be successful you will need to be able to:
- learn, empower and deliver from and for your team mates
- understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations' business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- understand, support and adopt the organisations' 'Commercial Agility' methodology
- contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and tasks
- adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- focus on quality and rapid ability to change, keeping the As-Is architecture current so that it remains an accurate picture of current state
- collaborate and communicate effectively throughout solution creation, ensuring that interrelated deliverables effective and coordinated
- focus on learning and development including empowering both Guild and team members to learn and take ownership of their own capabilities across legal, business, technical or compliance content.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.