Fnality was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes; enabling Delivery vs. Payment (DvP) in tokenised securities markets, and in the secured funding market enabling instant settlement on a Payment vs. Payment (PvP) basis.
At Fnality, the world's most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services by driving the transformation of financial markets back to Peer-to-Peer.
Do you want to watch from the sidelines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen? Backed by a large consortium of the world's leading banks, at USC Project, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
A blockchain scale-up, we're driving the transformation of financial markets back to Peer to Peer by creating a new foundation for financial market infrastructure. With a successful proof of concept phase completed, we’re looking for people to join our team of doers, builders and collaborators, who are as excited as we are to help develop the platform upon which all future digital financial services are realised. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple, to create a highly motivated / talented team that can work from first principles to drive the creation of the world's new financial services infrastructure.
We are looking for a first-class DevOps Engineer to join the team and help us build a decentralised FMI through the delivery of a diverse range of deliverables - tech, legal, ops - all the components needed to establish the new organisation and achieve the overall Consortium vision.
- Understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations' business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- Fully understand the as-is solution architecture (business/technical), and create solutions that adhere to, or build on, those foundations
- Understand, support and adopt the organisations' 'Commercial Agility' methodology
- Explore all technical aspects of legacy systems vs state-of-the-art blockchain platforms
- Provide specialist technical input as part of the cross-skilled team, either owning related deliverables, or by helping others to do so
- Participate in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Be an active part of self-organising teams, with clear focus and setting realistic sprint targets / estimates
- Contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and tasks
- Adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- Demonstrate a multi-skilled mindset and approach, contributing to 25 asset types (definitions, processes, documents, models, diagrams, presentation materials etc)
- Collaborate with specialist outsource partners to produce high-quality deliverables, for example Legal firms
- Strong focus on quality and rapid ability to change, keeping the As-Is architecture current so that it remains an accurate picture of current state
- Strong collaboration and communication applied throughout solution creation, ensuring that interrelated deliverables effective and coordinated
- Strong focus on learning and personal development to be cross skilled - maturing capability across legal, business, technical or compliance content
- Fact based, analytical and data driven thinker - applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
- Scripting in Python,Bash etc.
- Experience setting up and administering Amazon Web Services solutions (VPC,S3, Route53, Autoscaling etc.)
- Automation of AWS using AWSCLI and/or python
- TCP/IP network administration & networking technologies
- Automated deployment tools (e.g. any of Chef/Puppet, Salt Stack, Ansible etc.)
- A strong understanding of security fundamentals
- Knowledge of security configuration within cloud-based environments
- Linux administration
- High quality documentation writing
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology, particularly Ethereum (Go, Solidity)
Ideally you will also:
- Have strong technical knowledge with a desire to learn
- Be a proactive, self-starter who is hands on and loves a challenge
- Be able to work in a small team and under pressure
- Have clear thought processes and troubleshooting skills
- Analytical / Quality
- Self-Disciplined / Organised
- Strategic Planner
- Innovative / Outcomes Centred
- Initiative & Agility
- Resolves Conflict
- Effective Communicator
- Open to ideas / change
- High Integrity
- Free coffee, great kitchen, healthy food!
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Central London office location, with flexible working and possibility to work remotely
- Dynamic, modern culture and working environment
- Monthly Friday company meeting with food and drinks
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams
- Company sponsored learning opportunities
- Once in a generation opportunity to shape a dynamic blockchain start-up on the cutting edge of fin-tech