Do you want to watch from the side lines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen?
Fnality International was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes, redefining the industry by decentralising market infrastructure using blockchain technology. Backed by a consortium of the world’s leading financial institutions, at Fnality International, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
Fnality International is changing the way banking will work...forever. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple: to create a highly motivated and talented team that can work from first principles to create the world’s new distributed financial services infrastructure.
We are a purist agile organisation, working in multi-skilled cross-functional scrum teams. The office atmosphere can swing from buzz, laughter and excitement to heads down concentration. Every task is important here and there is no space for egos. We care more about achieving results than hours worked, and are building an inclusive, progressive culture to support this. We truly value the importance of diversity at our workplace.
About the role
This role sits within our Tech and Operations Guild and you will work in a cross-functional team in collaboration with colleagues in other guilds to deliver against our objectives. We are looking for an enthusiastic Tech Support Analyst with a deep interest in solving novel problems in a stimulating and supportive environment!
You are an aspiring first-class Technical Support Analyst / Engineer, an analytical thinker who is able to look at tasks and understand the most efficient way to achieve the desired outcome. This role is ideal for a CompSci graduate with an interest in providing a diverse range of IT Support and Project deliverables needed to establish the new organisation and achieve the overall vision, and who is keen to learn more around DevOps.
You will be vigilantly outcomes-focussed and fully agile in your approach to working. You will have an insatiable desire to learn, adept at picking up new challenges and giving it a go. You will want to deliver as much as learn and you will understand how important the power of the team is.
To be successful you will need demonstrable:
- Knowledge of scripting, particularly in Bash & Python;
- Experience working in a cloud environment; delivering data flow mapping in cloud systems;
- Interest in both Operations and longer term, DevOps demonstrated in Internship or project work
- Blockchain interests / understanding: Ethereum, distributed Systems, decentralized applications, cryptoeconomics, incentive-based models, consensus protocols (e.g. RAFT, IBFT, PAXOS etc.), cross-chain interop approaches
- Demonstrate an ability in Atlassian Confluence / Jira cloud or server plus management (user management, permissioning, groups, mailing list, howtos, security, etc); as well as experience providing amazing user management and support experience in Office 365
- Skills in setting up basic IT capabilities and providing support for all users;
- Ability to navigate all issues around user single sign on systems & security;
- Ability in writing so as able to deliver clear IT policies preferable;
- Have an interest (if not ability) in building ad-hoc apps back & front end (python based with tkinter or similar);
To be successful you will need to be able to:
- Understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations' business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- Demonstrate scripting so we can automate as much as possible;
- Support Mac Users whilst also driving automation within Mac (automator); Alternatively, at least UNIX.
- Lead our connections through REST APIs directly and/or via wrapper (particularly in Python i.e. request library);
- Understand, support and adopt the organisations' 'Commercial Agility' methodology
- Provide specialist technical input as part of the cross-skilled team, either owning related deliverables, or by helping others to do so
- Participate in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Be an active part of self-organising teams, with clear focus and setting realistic sprint targets / estimates
- Contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and task
- Adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- Demonstrate a multi-skilled mindset and approach
- Be fact based, analytical and data driven thinker - applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.