Do you want to watch from the side lines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen?
Fnality International was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes, redefining the industry by decentralising transactions using blockchain technology. Backed by a large consortium of the world’s leading banks, at Fnality, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
Fnality is changing the way banking will work...forever. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple, to create a highly motivated and talented team that can work from first principles to drive the creation of the world’s new distributed financial services infrastructure.
We are a purist agile organisation, working in multi-skilled cross-functional scrum teams, getting this thing done. The office atmosphere can swing from buzzing, laughing, excitement to heads down focussing on not just challenging, but hugely important work. Every task is important here and there is no space for egos. We are also not prescriptive about what hours you work but focussed on the results we achieve and are building an inclusive, progressive culture to support this.
About the role
This role sits within our Legal Guild and you will work in a cross-functional team working collaboratively with your peers to deliver against complex objectives. We are looking for a game-changing Legal Analyst to help us build the components and deliverables needed to establish the new organisation and get this thing done!
You will be contributing to a combination of policy work, negotiation, and drafting agreements as well as coordinating cross jurisdictional legal advice. There is a strong focus on regulatory analysis, but it does cover all aspects of commercial law.
You will be an analytical thinker who is able to look at tasks and understand the most efficient way to achieve the desired outcome. You will be vigilantly outcomes-focussed and fully agile in your approach to working. You will have an insatiable desire to learn, adept at picking up new challenges and giving it a go. You will want to deliver as much as learn and you will understand how important the power of the team is.
To be successful you will need demonstrable:
- Around 1+ years experience working on legal/regulatory matters at a law firm, in-house legal department or relevant research organisation. Ideally, your work experience is in commercial law (including technology/IP), corporate law and/or financial regulation. (Note: We will consider strong candidates with less work experience or in other relevant practice areas.)
- Legal professional qualification in the UK or other common law jurisdictions is ideal but not essential
- Knowledge and/or experience in blockchain, financial services back-office processes, systems and products is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience in blockchain, financial services back-office processes, systems and products
- Understanding an as-is solution architecture (business/technical), and created solutions that adhere to, or build on, those foundations
- Experience of collaborative tools such as Jira and Confluence, and strong Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working in an innovative, disruptive, rapidly mobilising and evolving business / teams
- Willingness and ability to roll your sleeves up and help wherever possible
- Experience in participating in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Experience of being a fact based, analytical and data driven thinker - applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Experience in working with different legal firms to realize company goals
- Skills in regulatory analysis
- A strong interest in commercial law particularly within the financial services industry.
To be successful you will need to be able to:
- Learn, empower and deliver from and for your team mates
- Understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations' business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- Understand, support and adopt the organisations' 'Commercial Agility' methodology
- Contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and tasks
- Adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- Focus on quality and rapid ability to change, keeping the As-Is architecture current so that it remains an accurate picture of current state
- Collaborate and communicate effectively throughout solution creation, ensuring that interrelated deliverables effective and coordinated
- Focus on learning and development including empowering both Guild and team members to learn and take ownership of their own capabilities across legal, business, technical or compliance content.
- Apply your legal knowledge of payments. For example; Chaps, Target2, Fedwire, Sixt, Faster Payments
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information to process your application, to enable us to assess your suitability for a role and for other legitimate business purposes such as improving our sites and talent management practices. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
We will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your information in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information about how your information may be processed by us, please contact us at email@example.com.