FLYR is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.FLYR is a technology company that is purpose-built for the travel industry. Leveraging deep learning, an advanced form of AI, FLYR is helping airlines, cargo, and hospitality businesses around the globe elevate their results. With FLYR, businesses are able to improve revenue performance and modernize the e-commerce experience through accurate forecasting, automation, and analytics.
Flight Itinerary (About The Role)
We’re looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to partner closely with Engineering and Product teams to deliver a new product line at FLYR. You will be responsible for identifying goals, executing against the roadmap and communicating progress to stakeholders and leadership. You will manage the scope, impact, and complexity of programs through all phases of the program lifecycle. This will require a strong technical background, an understanding of system architecture and the experience to effectively collaborate across functions and organizations.
What Your Journey Will Look Like (Responsibilities)
- Manage technology programs, define milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
- Understand and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using agile development methodology
- Work with core teams to develop and articulate business strategy and tactical plans. Develop roadmaps, engage teams and engineers, set the pace for development, deployment and delivery to ensure a successful product launch
- Manage multiple high-velocity projects simultaneously
- Leads identifying, understanding, evaluating and resolving key technical problems for the organization.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Understand the technical aspects of the programs you manage
- Use your technical background to ensure a complex project with multiple dependencies moves forward according to your project roadmap
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to establish, track and communicate product feature portfolios and dependencies across multiple teams
- Proactively develops and/or influences strategic direction impacting the big picture and long-term plans.
- Create and manage execution plans and risk plans at scrum and portfolio level
- Help drive tooling and reporting within the PMO organization which will create clear visibility into statuses and dependencies
What To Pack For This Trip (Qualifications)
- Computer Science bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering or Technical Program Management
- You bring order and process not for the sake of process, but for the sake of efficiency
- You are able to speak across functions and with everyone from executives to individual contributors
- Track record of clearly communicating ambiguous, complex, novel problems & solution tradeoffs to land cross-org impact
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership and thought leadership, driving prioritization, and pre/post-launch execution, risk management, and reporting
- You can influence within teams without having "formal-authority"
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast moving environment without loss of velocity or efficiency.
- Past experience with delivering enterprise SaaS programs using Agile Methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Technically minded and understand the day-to-day operations of a well-established engineering org
- Past experience with program management tools such as JIRA
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills to keep programs on track to the finish
- Strong understanding of both product and program management techniques (Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, OKRs)
- Experience in resource planning, estimation and tracking
Optional Carry-On (Preferred Qualifications)
- PMP certification (or similar)
- Regular employment contract
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Flexible working hours
- Complimentary Breakfast/Lunch (in-office)
- Sports card
- Medical care
- Life Insurance
- Top-quality tech equipment
- Annual educational fund
- Linkedin Learning access
- English classes
- Many more!